Thursday, November 12, 2009

http://nems360.com/pages/full_story/push?article-OPINION-+It-s+funny+how+political+and+other+realities+change+officials-+minds%20&id=4349077-OPINION-+It-s+funny+how+political+and+other+realities+change+officials-+minds&instance=news_special_coverage_right_column
I know that's a massive link, but you gotta check this shit out. Not only does the local newspaper let the president of the AFA have a weekly op-ed spot, but he's a real douchebag to boot. In another article, they claim that the AFA plans to boycott Old Navy and the Gap because they say the more inclusive Happy Holidays, rather than Merry Christmas. What a stupid thing to waste your time on. Look, I happen to be a Christian, and I celebrate Christmas. I tell people, when I know them, Merry Christmas. If I don't know them, and don't know to which winter holidays they subscribe, I'll say Happy Holidays. I seriously doubt that Wildmon would like it if Jews were the dominant religion in this country and they felt the need to push other groups around by demanding that everyone say Happy Hanukkah. The AFA is under this weird delusion that this is a theocracy. As of yet, thankfully, it is not. People still have freedom of religion, and that doesn't mean you only have the freedom to choose between various sects of Christianity. The AFA boycotted Disney, and I think it seeks to essentially rid the world of fun and happiness at all costs. Lastly, why do they call themselves the American Family Association? Not all families are Christian, or right wing, or any of the other things that the AFA espouses. So they should change their name to the AIRWPCA. Yep that's even a mouthful abbreviated. It stands for the American Insanely Right Wing Pseudo Christian Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment