Ok, I was inspired to create this blog today, because I need a place to bitch. I need to bitch loudly and often, and preferably where other people can look at it, because obviously I need the attention. All this aside...let me bitch about Mississippi in particular.
Right now I am in a north Mississippi library where anything even resembling a messenger or chat room is blocked. They also block any picture that could be remotely "racy". In fact, you could probably list the sites you CAN go to on your fingers, it's that restricted. Because God forbid you maybe say something sexy or controversial in a chat room or look at a pecker on their sanctified fucking God-puters.
This is just the tip of the iceberg with this fundy xtian backwardness that pervades all life here in the south, especially this particular part of it. Most people, including people that claim to be educated can't even conceive that there are actually people who are not southern Baptists, and also cannot fathom that the restrictive rules which they pretend to live their lives should not apply to every human being on the planet. So....because of this, in the south today, you get (I shit you not) banned books, blocked computers, dry counties, chain stores (i.e. GameStop and Super D here to name a few) who mysteriously are closed altogether on Sundays and close up early on Wednesdays...and in the counties where you can actually buy alcohol...no booze on Sunday for you sinner! Oh, and party's over at midnight by the way. They actually go by in clubs at midnight and make you throw any booze you have left in a trash can at midnight, so scared are they of the law.
They are also so socially backward that my new neighbor related to me a story about how she moved where I live because when her landlord in her previous complex found that she had biracial children, she was told to move out. Yes, I can really see bright promise for the future of this state. Oh, last complaint....they actually passed a fucking law that makes drinking in your own front yard public drunkenness. No shit. So come on down to Mississippi, where you'll live in poverty and not be allowed to have any fun! Whoooooooo!(btw....southern born and raised, and never saw a place in the south quite as fucked up as here.) P.S. Also Christian, just not fundy nut bag.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment